Skip to main content

Unit 1

This unit was about threshold concepts and literacy is important in writing. I learned a lot about writing from this unit.

The outcomes which I have completely met on Unit One are the three. 

Over the time during this unit, what I learned in this course has made my writing better. I was able to evaluate and understand the content well. The way in which I presented my writing has not changed but my approach towards the content has evolved and increased my skills.

I have not only completed the assignments to reach the outcomes. In order for my work to be complete; I have included my experiences in my work. 

The first outcome Students will be able to read and use scholarly texts to support their writing goals is addressed since we have used many texts from various books and content in our assignments and peer reading activities. The practices and skills have helped me to learn about various contexts and have a better understanding. During the course, I have been using what I learned from various texts to do the assignments and improved my writing. 

The first example would be from my Literacy Narrative: Peer Review submission -

“The way in which we live today is based on our past. No matter what I do now, my past cannot be changed, but I always have an opportunity for my future. Ever since I started to think about my past experiences to do assignments for this course, I have learned how the past influenced my future and made me the person who I am today. From every grade since kindergarten through high school; I had been learning new subjects and improving my skills from what I learned. I believe that writing is dependent on the writer's or reader's situation which influences their feelings and ideology.  The quote "Whether or not writing is good depends on where it gets things done, and whether it accomplishes what the writer (and readers) needs the writing to accomplish" from Wardle & Downs (Page 12) support my claim about writing.”

The second outcome Students will be able to describe and analyze writing processes in order to flexibly adapt them to support their goals is addressed throughout the course. My literacy narrative is an example of my writing process. Before I enrolled in this course, I had experience in writing from my previous education. I believed that my prior literacy experiences has not prepared me completely but I was willing to use what I learn more throughout the time and do my best in ENC 1101.

The second example would be from my Reading Response: Wardle and Downs submission -

“The people believe that literacy is the ability to read and write. But Wardle and Downs state that literacy is not only the ability to read or write but a reader to understand the meaning of writing and analyze the purpose of each writing.  According to page 66, literacy is not same for each person. It is categorized in many points and have various differences. The book concludes that literacy is classified as it has different topics around the world. For example knowledge can be presented in form of words in a language. There are more than 6500 languages in world. Each person in the world have something unique which makes them different. Literacy is measured in different ways.” 

Literacy is similar to what I have thought about it. I always wanted to know different things related to my choice of interest. I always believed that all people have different qualities which makes them unique. For example, some people would use have interest in certain professions or work. They would use their skills to become a doctor, engineer, or others. A doctor cannot have skills which an engineer has. So literacy is similar to my idea about it.

The third outcome Students will learn how to adapt to different writing contexts they need to address has happened with me. For each assignment, I had to read various content, make notes, and wrote about my understanding and opinion towards it. The literacy experiences and my analysis in my paper would prove that I had me the outcomes of the course. It includes my understanding of my claim and I described it with different scholarly writing contexts.

The third example would be from my Major Paper 1: Literacy Narrative submission -

“The way in which we live today is shaped by our past. I haven't always worried about my past because I felt it was something which happened. No matter what I do now, my past cannot be changed, but I always have an opportunity for my future. Ever since I started to think about my past experiences to do assignments for this course, I have learned how the past influenced my future and made me the person who I am today. From every grade since kindergarten through high school; I had been learning new subjects and improving my skills from what I learned. I believe that writing is dependent on the writer's or reader's situation which influences their feelings and ideology.”

Not only from education. There were many other experiences in my life from which I learned and improved a lot.

The main lesson I understood from this unit is how a writing is not dep[ended upon rubric but on feelings. Each person would have different opinions which makes it good for some people and bad for others. The opinions are important about writing which does not affect the medium of it. That when I realized how writing is contextual since it is depended on ideas and ideology

I can say that my writing has improved and as well as my understanding towards reading text. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unit 2

T his  unit  is about what rhetoric is and how it is used for communication in meaningful and strategic ways. It would happen in people's daily lives.  The outcomes which I have completely met on Unit Two are the three.  While working on this unit, I learned in this course has increased my understanding towards writing. I was able to analyze and understand the content. My approach towards the content I read has changed but the style of writing has not changed. Everyone of my submission would only include my writing but also my way of communicating with others.  The first outcome Students will be able to read and use scholarly texts to support their writing goals is addressed since we have used many texts from various books and content in our assignments and peer reading activities. The practices and skills have helped me to learn about various contexts and have a better understanding. I have sued texts from Downs in my paper 2 for unit 2. During the course, I have been using what I

Introduction

  Theses are all the images of my favorite images of animals and shows from my childhood.    Each of my tab would explain what each outcome is about, what I learned from it and how did it affect me and my work. The tabs would explain how I met with outcomes in each students which evidence/example from my work throughout the course. It was a great experience to be in ENC-1101. Thank You